View Single Post
      09-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #111
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

OMG...wow! I just got back from testing/driving the X5 on back roads and the highway. The S2=C setting was all I changed, and I can now say I have an official MONSTER in my garage. This thing hands down will be able to destroy my brother's ML63 AMG with ease. There is no more lag in any mode. Eco-Pro now has about the same power output as stock Comfort believe it or not. When I pushed harder and faster, there was no lag in the early RPMs and there was no loss of power/tapering off in the higher RPMs (some noted this in their 3.5 testing and I noticed this in setting B for Eco-Pro and slightly in Comfort). Sport mode on the highway really throws this thing into fast M territory and I confidently say this having driven my brother's ML63 AMG...my X5 5.0i picks up faster - the shifts were smoother and the car just kept going faster without lag/delay. Obviously I would need raw data and a real dyno to prove this, but I drove the same roads I normally do with both cars, and I kid you not...it was as if the car was a completely different vehicle - no exaggeration. I did a rolling start from the highway merge ramp at 15-20 mph and thought I hit 80 mph so fast...I was wrong and the speedometer read 105mph - I was shocked. No shaking of the car or loss of control whatsoever. Color me very impressed/happy. If anyone buys this chip, leave S1=1 and change S2=C.

Just reposting my comment in case people look for this thread and wonder about the settings and info.