View Single Post
      07-23-2014, 06:41 AM   #49
atomic80
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen383 View Post
When the side-bolster (right one on RHD) on the driver’s seat is inflating there's this loud and thus very annoying squeaky sound (as if it's the nappa leather squeaking on the inside if that makes sense) . So every time I get in or out of the car (and therefore the bolsters inflate or deflate) I hear this noise… drives me nuts. What’s worse – I doubt the local one and only BMW dealer will tell me anything other than: “Well, we could rip your seat apart and see what it is, but I wouldn’t recommend you doing it” or in other words: “Our mechanics suck bigtime and we can screw something up”.

P.S. Started circa 1 month after ownership. BMW at it's best as usual - great fun to drive, suck balls with quality. Someone rewind the clock back to 1990s when the word "quality" actually dominated the word "profit" in German cars...
Mine does the same thing! My dealership diagnosed it as being due to defective bolster bladders and will be changing both when the part arrives this week. Apparently these parts are very hard to get and could take a while. They do plan to tear the seat apart to replace the bolster. I really hope they do a good job of putting it back together too.
Appreciate 0