01-02-2016, 10:38 AM   #257
Broadsword
Sustinendum Victoriam
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFX1942 View Post
Have you thought about downloading Korea maps and uploading with an FSC code? I am about to buy an X5 through Kolon military sales here and have thought about this for a while. I'd like to supplement my Waze app with the iDrive Nav (since Waze isn't always 100% accurate in Korea). When we return stateside, can then install the latest map updates back to North America.

Just a thought - would like to try once I pick my vehicle up.
When I inquired about Korea maps, they said they'll need to change the iDrive software from English to Korean. Once you take into consideration the cost and hassle, it wasn't worth it. If you have an iPhone, Apple Maps works pretty well and can search all the addresses with English and not Hangul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roppo View Post
Did they take responsibility for the damage in the first place? Are they fixing it for free? Awful that this has happened in the first place but just as bad, if not worse, that the "fix" is really REALLY shoddy work! Looked better before.

Hope this gets sorted asap!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
Yes, it doesn't looks like it was damaged by anyone but a defect in the painting process which caused the bubble. So the fault would lie with BMWNA and that is why the dealer is hesitating because they would need to get BMWNA's approval.

This happened on my E70 in the exactly the same place but since mine was a lease I did not have to fix it.
Update to this situation after being jerked around by the dealership for a couple of months repairs were finally made. Dealership did not claim responsibility, repairs were made as "good faith." Our X5 is a lease as well but pissed that a newly leased vehicle had this issue.
Appreciate 1