View Single Post
      10-15-2017, 09:23 PM   #496
retx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F15 40e

The bottom part of my display in the cluster went blank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootleg gucci View Post
Same issue occurred on my 2016 X5 35i on August 20th. I have driver assist package and plus with HUD and during a 2.5 hour drive, started the vehicle after a rest stop and bottom 1/3 digital display of my instrument cluster was blank (no odometer, etc). There was an error message too about gear selector indicator malfunction. After braking on the highway, the display items reappeared but my HUD went off. Also there was error for 2 out of 4 safety systems (precollision and pedestrian warning had errors but blind spot and lane keep assist were fine ). I went into idrive menu and was able to turn back on HUD. The next day, all issues resolved themselves. I think maybe it's a heat or coding issue on the electronic system. Makes one wonder if BMW 6WB full digital displays ever get this issue, those drivers lose their whole instrument cluster!

Just like to mention this happens to me more than 5-times in the past 32-months. My MY15 xDrive35i got in Jan 2015 has Drive Assistant, Drive Assistance Plus, and HUD, too. It happened when doing the cold start in the morning, or in the end of the day when ready to leave the office parking garage.

It usually fixes itself and the display is back after another night or hours.

BMW dealer reloaded the software, but it still happens again.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...8#post22118858
Appreciate 0