View Single Post
      02-05-2019, 02:16 PM   #11
MizikeTSK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 XDrive 50i MSport

In the year and 10K (currently have 46k on the odo) that I've put on the 50i since buying, I have a coil go bad, (heard it was common) and a gasket/seal or two replaced. I'd say that I've put in maybe 6 qt's of oil in between oil change. That's where the gasket/seal replacements came in. I was more concerned about the topping off the oil more than I would have liked. I know back in my pre- Fast n Furious Honda days, it was known that Turbo'd cars required a little more maintenance and liked to drink oil. This was late 80's early 90's so would think Turbo technology has improved over the years. Hopefully with all the gasket/seal replacements that's all fixed now. My wife's been a Bimmer head for the past two decades so I know maintenance is crucial and can be a little costly as least compared to my previous Lexus's. So far I'd say it's been a pretty solid car. We'll see how it goes over the next 50k miles. I'm gonna take it in before my Manufacturer warranty is up next month to have inspected to see if anything needs to be fixed/replaced before my CPO kicks in.