06-17-2023, 11:02 AM   #5
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Nice work. Curious how the lifted X5 performs against other SUVs you have used for offroading and towing.
I'm coming from Jeeps and Yota pickups, so in comparison to those I don't expect much out of the X5. I havent had the chance to test it offroad yet, but I can say that I've been told by others that they do surprisingly well for being awd and not 4x4. They stuggle a little when you get opposite corners off the ground because of the highway diffs and control systems, but having DHP I'm hoping I'll be a little better off than most, but I don't plan to see too rough of terrain. This will see mostly min maint roads and trails, snow, the rare very mild water crossings. I wanted something to get to lesser traveled trail heads and camp sites.

I dont suspect any issues towing offroad. Its not a crazy lift and retains all factory components, and rear air really helps keep things level and stable.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0