Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by possib1edoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Don't trust BMW techs for shit. Started getting creaking noise peridodicsllu from passenger side. The most recent control arm I replaced. Asked SA for them to check all the bolts for tightness given it was a brand new arm. She said he did and that it needs to be replaced. So a few months goes by and I decide ok before I ship out for a month let's knock this out real quick. Low and behold this is what I find. Damn frame nut is about 1/4" unscrewed. I swear if my car stops making noise now I'm going to drive by my dealer and toss the new control arm through the window! FML. How hard would it have been to just check the bolts. There's only three and you were doing an alignment anyway!!!! Cmon!

Now the real question is why did this come loose to begin with. Hmm.
Keep us posted as started having a similar noise coming from right passenger suspension.

Thanks for the DIY!
Tightened it up and went for a short drive. No more noise. I'll be more confident tomorrow when I go to work.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0