04-03-2019, 01:06 PM   #12
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruppa View Post
Alright. It's done. Installed. I only have 3 hours of driving so far and I spent a lot of money on these so I'm wary of that and trying to be objective.

My opinion. Do it. Too expensive? Make your kid set up a lemonade stand. No kid? Make your pet an influencer on social media. No pets? Sell your bodily fluids.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Low AND comfortable. I have front dampening/rebound set at +4 and rear at +5 (to clarify this is +4/+5 from the softest setting). There's about 2 threads left to go lower but I'm happy with the height. It's ~30" ground to fender. Not every kit is sent out the same because mine were all set at 0 (which the instructions specifically say is not recommended), others I've PM'd with were set at 8.

I haven't been on the stock setup since last October but this is no firmer and the handling is superior. It's a night and day difference from the VTFs I've been running with the road conditions in New England. The biggest difference I notice is on patches with many small road imperfections that would make me harshly jump around before are now handled gracefully and incredibly well absorbed with nothing I would consider being firm or harsh. My full enjoyment driving the M has been restored. I'll post back with more thoughts after some time and once I can set a baseline for myself and see if I want to adjust up/down for height/rebound/dampening.

If anybody is around southern MA and wants a ride hit me up.
Looks good.

FYI though, on dampening dials, the correct way to count is from full stiff and back down.
The way the internals work is full stiff is by fully closing the oil passage to the valve, while full soft is fully open to the oil passage to the valve.
But, fully open from time to time will be different since it doesn't have a reference point.
While fully close have a reference point where it stop when the oil passage is fully closed.

I hope that make sense.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
Kruppa437.00