View Single Post
      11-02-2021, 09:33 AM   #327
R4yF15
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Just sharing my feedback on TJA from other thread.

Installed the bimmer8 HOD module as per the instruction and did the 5AR coding (VO code for ICM module, the rest FDL editing since I've followed instructions from bimmer8).

I've managed to use the TJA for a single journey of 350km mix 60% highway and 40% town driving. Here is my observation;
1. I've enabled TJA max speed to 99kmh but when i set ACC to say 110kmh, it will still engage when u are following vehicle at <99kmh.
2. My TJA steering response at 99kmh was very good, not much swaying and it seems to steer within lines even though car in front keep on veering left to right. The only drawback is when u have curvy road that require close to 1/4 turn then it will disengage.
3. It can even follow motorcycles for town driving which is quite impressive.
4. For most of town driving, the car could not identify road lane markings (left and right) but TJA works just fine by following front car/motorcycle.
5. Managed to activate the TJA in rainy weather and works just fine except for when it's really heavy, the sensor deactivated by itself with warning on IDrive saying "sensor could not be activated, keep safe distance" error message.

Well I couldn't be more pleased with the results and seeing myself will be using this function more often than not.
Appreciate 1