10-05-2015, 05:05 PM   #24
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWolf View Post
So it's really only 55hp and 49tq improvement from stock? I have always thought the figures Dinan posts are a bit misleading. When I hear 702 hp it makes me feel they were able to get 135 more horses from stock. Am I missing something? Or does that pretty much explain what's happening?
Your observation is correct. BMW underrated the X5M/X6M power by 100HP (doing what Audi has done for years). On paper, it says 567HP and actual is 647HP to the crank. I'm starting to think BMW power rating on paper means WHP nowadays. The 2015+ M3/M4 also says 430HP, but that measured 430HP to the wheels.

Dinan's tune is going to be the most conservative and safest. 55HP may not sound much, but what other car mod under $3k can give you 55HP?

No plans of JB4 releasing to our cars. RaceChip seems legit, but with lack of BMW users so not many are willing to be a guinea pig in a six figure car. I'm pretty sure RaceChip doesn't monitor as many channels compared to Dinan/JB4. What I know is the harder it is to install a piggy (like JB4 and Dinan), the better (more channels being monitored).