Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J
This is what my X5 is going in for service for Monday

F15 Service
-Driver door lock switch cover is loose and hanging off door after techs installed new window in driver door
-Knocking sound coming from under belly of car over rough road. Like a socket moving around down there. Customer noticed after driving off lot after transmission was replaced due to faulty deal.
-Open front windows and thudding and whistling occurs from both sides.
-Open Sunroof and luggage cover start thudding in trunk when closed.

Customer has video of sunroof cause. Others will need to be checked by tech when vehicle comes in.
At my dealership now. The shop foreman has it on the rack for the noise below first and lock trim next.

As for the window and sunroof noises they told me more X5 owners need to report the same issues I am having to BMW through their service advisors as they did for me in front of me.

Once my main issues are sorted we will be driving two M sport ones they have on the lot to test the similar wind noise issues and they will contact BMW from there accordingly.

As we were speaking we find the mirror housings to be at fault and the magnet for the luggage cover to not be strong enough at 40+ mph full open element driving.
Appreciate 0