Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by motex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsal View Post
~10,000km

1. !! vibrations at 90-100km/h !!- currently worked on by the dealer but no solution or diagnosis so far
2. creaking from tailgate which apparently was fixed by dealer using new latch parts but I haven't yet confirmed.
3. knocking in the right front shock - entire shock needs to be replaced, currently awaiting parts
4. sunroof grinding noise - rubber seal replaced by dealer
5. car would not shut off a couple of times but issue seems to have resolved itself
6. Hatch would not close itself at low (-10 C) temperature. After 10th attempt finally closed. Dealer looked and could not find any problems.
I see you had issues (#3) with knocking in one of your front shocks, my car is just 1000miles old and has this bad, very bad knocking coming from the front of the car (engine bay), my dealer says it comes from a bad calibrated valve that controls the rigidity of the engine mounts (via an electric frequency or something like it.....)

They "fixed" the valve settings and the problem still there, nothing new and the knocking is like anything happened, I'm not sure, I'm not a mechanic but the sound comes more from the front suspension and only when I drive in very bad shape streets, can't replicate the sound on a regular street...

Is the same problem you experienced? did your dealer fix the problem?
Any feedback will be appreciated!
They had to replace the entire strut as they could not isolate the problem. The replacement fixed the issue for me.
Appreciate 0