View Single Post
      03-06-2019, 09:32 PM   #37
G3333
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 X6M

Thanks for your input guys. Have made 60+ successful transactions on the forums over the years. Anything from a simple emblem up to HRE wheels. I've never had any issues on the sell side, which I'm sure my buyers can corroborate.

The mats I sold the buyer were in my vehicle when purchased, shortly removed and replaced with M-Perf floor mats. They sat in my garage until it came time to sell the vehicle at which point I parted everything out. All sales were successful, no complaints.

The buyer reached out nearly a month after receiving the floor mats to tell me they didn't fit. Well, they fit my car just fine? I couldn't even remember selling to him as it was so long ago. I asked for pictures which I never received, suspicious.

The seller is going off of principle. That's fine. I understand as I would say the same thing. What can I do for him if he doesn't even send pictures? How do I know they don't even fit? How do I know they are even the same floor mats I sent him?

As a principled seller, I am more than gracious to provide whatever customer service I can on a used, as is, item with pictures. Pictures that SHOW exactly what the floor mats look like. By principle, why not look at the mats and decipher whether they will even fit your vehicle? I understand that this transaction isn't for a full Akra system, but still? Look at the pics. Or better yet, upon delivery, try them out and see if they fit immediately! It's a bit suspicious when a buyer purchases something and then complains about fitment a month later.

He offered to send them back for a refund and cover the return shipping. As most of you know, these are rather heavy and not flexible so shipping is a bit costly on these. After paying return shipping, he'll end up with about a $35 loss conservatively.

I'll receive the floor mats back and be able to sell them again at really no loss at all, but why take them back if I don't even know they don't fit, when they fit fine in my vehicle? Or that they are even the same floor mats I sent out in the first place?

The buyer has opened a PayPal case which I'll gladly respond to. Thanks for all the input, again! This is the reason I stay off the forums.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7265.50