Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGM6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv42day View Post
All I have to say is, if you feel the ride is harsh, check you tire pressure......it can make a dramatic difference and it's alot cheaper than buying rim/tires....
First off thank you for being the only one to reply haha. But then again I probably haven't gotten many replies since my initial post is probably so long....

Guys.

I should have clarified why I want to go with a new set of rims. My X6M was equipped with the 20" 611M wheels which are pretty much the winter setup with staggered offsets. I like the comfort of the 20"s since they have a meatier tire then the 21"s. But I would like to keep the 20"s for the winter and get a set of 21's or 22's for the summer but trying to see if going w fatter tires would keep the cruise control function and not run into any other issues besides the speedo most likely reading slightly off since there is an obvious size difference.
The winter 611 set runs a 285 rear tire on a narrower rim. The summer set runs a 325 rear tire on a wider rim.

Depending how much snow you get, 325 (or more likely 315, if you swap out) can be tricky in the winter.
Appreciate 0