06-04-2019, 04:00 PM   #25
KCTiger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

In case anyone is curious, here are the current mods and some planned ones:

As purchased:
black kidney grilles
black side grille vents (or whatever they are called)
black front reflector covers
black 22 inch wheels, savini of some sort, not sure exactly the style
I also had the seller remove the badge and tint the front windows, even though it's illegal in Missouri

Planned mods:
black chrome roundels trunk and hood, I am also going to do black and gray vinyl overlays to replace the white and blue respectively
Cell phone cradle delete
I have to add a front license plate though I got a no screw version that mounts via the "mesh" on the lower part of the bumper.

Considering:
Ceramic coating of some sort
Lowering springs - concerned about ride quality here since I am already on 22s. I think the ride is fine presently but wouldn't want it to be bouncy.
CarPlay retrofit - if I do this I am leaning towards the Avin option

I doubt I will get a tune. I also thought about spacers but it seems as though my tires are flush with the fenders. I definitely don't have an eye for all this just yet so maybe I am off base here.

I have done a little coding through BimmerCode.

Would love to hear any thoughts on recommended mods. Plz keep in mind I am not much on DIY as I just don't have the experience. I also have two small kids and prefer to give me free time to them when I can.

Loving the car though. Sure there is some turbo lag but tons of power. Older tech isn't so great but that's trivial compared to the driving experience.

I was torn between black and donnington gray but all the black on this one is pretty much ideal in my mind. I know not everyone feels that way lol.
Appreciate 0