View Single Post
      05-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #52
Phaeron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
Hence why I made two sepeerate categories. Steering feel and steering feedback. Go ahead and count it if you would like, you'll find it is indeed two.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=shwgNV36xFA#!

Quote:
Hmmm. It seems like one of your heroes at Top Gear disagrees with you in this article. Pay particular attention to this passage. "This is what handling is really about in the broader sense; the ability of the machine to feed information back to our receiving apparatus so that we can act minutely on it.

The higher the fidelity of the feedback, the more precisely we can use it."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...ng-wheels.html
Except James May is not talking about Electric Steering Wheels vs Hydraulic Steering Wheels. He is talking about controlling a car with a video game controller vs a steering wheel in that case he does not talk about what version of steering wheels. His whole thesis is Steering wheel is more precise then video game controller because steering wheel is more precise and communicates more. Which a steering wheel does communicate more because turning a wheel just a certain amount of degrees and the car turning to that direction is instant feedback. you have no feed back with a controller because pressing and holding down left doesnt tell you exactly how long and where do you need to hold that action to go where you want to go.

the ultimate thumbs down for you is he thought the Audi RS4 had better handling then an AMG merc despite the merc had Hydraulic and the RS4 having the numbest steering wheel to date. So your post is either massively idiotic or disingenuous. To which that is a huge leap in change between turning a wheel and knowing how many rotations to move the wheels vs pressing left to go left until you go left.

Quote:
I love watching people who are so sure they are right make an ass of themselves. I just found an article by the presenter of the television show that you used as an example to justify your claim, and he agreed with my definition. If you want to come at me further, then by all means. I will enjoy the entertainment, in fact I will relish your combination of ignorance and stubbornness. Alas, I am done with this argument as I accomplished what I set out to do. Prove you wrong using sources you cited.

Where did he prove me wrong? He is talking about video game controllers vs steering wheels. You are a dumbass.

Last edited by Phaeron; 05-30-2013 at 11:36 AM..
Appreciate 0