Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWofVS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haihan View Post
Well done! Does MPPK bring any change to the exhaust sound?

Sitting in the drivers seat I haven’t noticed any changes to the exhaust note, but in reading the bmw mppk product info (https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1441583503) it does mention the following:

The M Performance Power Kit ensures an optimised engine and exhaust system sound. Exhaust bubbling is enabled in "Sport" mode. As a result, the car sounds like 'performance'.

I’ll see if I hear a difference next time I take bae out.
While driving really don’t hear the burbling, but the exhaust note sounds a bit deeper. Also I’ve read from other MPPK threads/members it takes some time for the tune to settle in.

I shot this cold start video the other day and you can definitely hear the burbling.

https://streamable.com/wqwxlj

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_X5 View Post
Usually cold start will be a bit louder just with mppk. burbling is more pronounced in 1st and 2nd gear around 1700-2000 rpm. Try driving in sports/shifter to left around 25-30 with windows down in 3rd gear and then drop it to 2nd. While keeping it in 2nd give it a sharp press of acceleration just to get rpms up and let go

I’ll have to give that a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack123 View Post
I'm really interested in your impressions as you get get to experience the MPPK upgrade further. Def interested in getting it myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_bears View Post
How is it in comfort mode? I've read there's barely a difference so Im a bit hesitant as I drive in comfort 80% of the time mostly due to local commutes.
I definitely feel a difference off the line in comfort mode the power increase is noticeable in both modes. If you’re looking for reduce throttle lag, more low end torque power, smoother shift points and still under warranty IMO MPPK is the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelshund View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanvas View Post
Crazy every time I see mod threads like these how a few touches here and there can completely change the attitude of the car. Looks great!
Yeah he took it from soccer-mom to suck-on-this in a hot minute.

Truthfully the mods were going to be subtle, but I think I went a bit overboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UcanTry View Post
Question I ordered this and the button looks mirrored, when you shine a light one it it looks black. But the button not the surrounding is like mirror. Is yours like that?
Yes, I have the red one were when light reflects off it gives it a red glow
Appreciate 2
jmack1231300.50