11-26-2020, 12:49 AM   #44
EverTemple
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by c00lbeans View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTemple View Post
I have a 2018 X5 40e M Sport with quite a bit of mod and a custom exhaust piping.

Currently, the car is running RON 100 fuel and the maximum hp I have gotten out of the car is around 380whp at 22psi when dynoed about 2 months ago (IIRC baseline dyno was ~330whp at 18psi). which is not a lot as I don't dare to push too harshly due to not having done anything to the internals yet. Keep in mind that the temperature here in Malaysia is quite hot 87-88F, so I figure it will produce even higher horsepower in a colder climate due to cooler air.

The car has the following mods:
- TTE400 from TheTurboEngineer (to be pushed further)
- X5 FMIC from Wagnertuning
- Custom exhaust (1 downpipe, 1 high flow cat, 2 resonators, and no muffler)
- High flow cat from MagnaTuning
- Original M4 carbon fiber exhaust tips
- Custom made stainless steel charge pipe from Everco (Local but superb quality brand)
- M2 LED Steering Wheel with custom OBD info screen
- Brembo BBK GT6 front caliper and GT4 rear caliper (planning on upgrading further to either Endless Monobloc or Brembo Carbon Ceramic) (Using Castrol React SRF Racing Brake Fluid)
- 22'' Fully Forged wheels from Vorsteiner (VFN 516)
- Pirelli P Zero tires as I can't find the size and width from other brands
- Retrofitted TPMS (Didn't come from the factory)
- BimmerCoded a bunch of functions (Ambient LED color, DSP, HUD, etc.)
- BMC High Flow Intake Filter
- Sprintbooster v3 Pedal Tuner (Makes the car more responsive by altering pedal signal)
- OEM M Performance Door LED Projector (All 4 doors)
- X5M Bodykit to improve aero
- X5M Black Double Slatted Kidney Grill
- X5M Side Mirror Retrofit from r33_RGSport (Changed to a custom dry carbon cover later)
- Custom made carbon fiber splitter, rear defuser, skirt
- Ultra Racing Anti Rollbars (Couldn't find anti rollbars so I went with this brand, it's not bad but body roll still there as I have air suspension, will upgrade to something else soon)

Also a bunch of other planned upgrades such as the M Diff & Active Anti Rollbar etc. (To be updated in a new post soon once I have figured out everything)

Right now I am trying to flash transmission for shift time. However, haven't found any tools that are able to do it to the 40e due to the hybrid transmission, have heard something developing for Active Hybrid from xHP but not sure at the moment, especially for true PHEV.

My plan is to either fully build the n20 or upgrade to the bigger cc S55/S63 while retaining the hybrid system, with the end goal of achieving 500-600bhp (Fully Build N20+Hybrid) or 800+bhp (Fully Build S63+Hybrid), potentially more if the battery is upgraded (still investigating)

I will make a post for progress in the near future once I have unlocked the abilities to do so as a new member (this is my first reply).

Cheers
You gotta post some photos and video of that exhaust sound.

For the transmission apparently you can code it from 2te to 2tb to make it faster(im not sure if the M version comes with 2tb stock or 2te with sport+ somehow turned on). Here is a post with some info. https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...e#post20711949

The only concern I see is the KOMBI L6 BO > FZG_Ausstattung 3003 > SEGELN_ENABLE = aktiv
code for the 2te. not having that coded might effect the ecopro sailing/coasting. Maybe it can be added to the 2tb config.
Also I'm getting another tune tomorrow for adjusting shift burbble, I'll post some videos and the dyno chart afterward.

Appreciate 0