Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92, F10, F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trjn View Post
Wiper fluid not spraying anymore for front and rear windshields.
Got a wiper fluid low message on the dash for a split second and wiper fluid is not spraying any more. No more fluid low message either in the dash or system menu.
Filled up the windshield washer fluid tank with a full gallon of generic blue washer fluid. Head lamp cleaner works but the windshield sprayers don't. I can hear the pump run when trying to activate the spray. Possibly frozen outlets? Stopped after about 15 tries to avoid burning the pumps.
I don't know if F15 has this same issue, but I had an E90 where they suddenly stopped spraying even though I could hear the pumps trying. After posting the same problem in that respective forum, everyone's first question was whether I was using BMW OEM fluid or literally anything else. Turns out using any non-OEM BMW wash over a period of time will eventually clog your system's filter up. I had to unclog it by getting to the actual pump/tank, requiring me to remove a wheel and the wheel well paneling. Sure enough there was a bunch of nastiness blocking the filter. Cleared that out and everything immediately started working again.

Although I think it's a bit odd that our precious BMWs can only take precious OEM-fluid to remain clog-free, I've only used 100% BMW OEM fluid ever since on 3 different cars and have never had any issues. Whenever I take my car in for dealership service they'd refill with OEM for free if it was noticeably low, but I also always have a couple extra bottles on hand at home in case it's been a while since a dealership refill. You can grab OEM off Amazon for cheaper than the dealership once you've done your unclogging.

Of course, if you've always used 100% OEM with the exception of that generic blue bottle just now being a one-time thing, then your issue is likely different than what I had.
The weird thing is, I use the same fluid in my e92 for 5 plus years and still no issue. I refilled the fluid as soon as the low warning came on and the fluid stopped spraying for both front and rear windshields. Fluid low warning was supposed to follow with rear wipers not spraying. I did some digging and looks like the washer fluid tank and the screen that gets clogged is inside the passenger side fender in f15. Trying to decide on whether I want to tackle the whole fender removal to see if the screens are the issue. I hope it's just some blockage where I can reach it without taking everything apart. With the temperature in low 40s, I am stuck till it somewhat warms up even to attempt anything as such. Till then I will be driving my e92 when it snows.
Appreciate 0