Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post
Mine is already on the way! I got it for 380 shipped including all taxes.

If anyone is interested in a group buy, I have the joyeauto sales representative Whatsup number. I will see how much more he can discount.. please write your names!
When you receive it, would you please share some details on how it is installed? Afterwards, I may be interested in the group buy.
I have a diy in the CarPlay thread Kzang. In there I discuss where I put the unit. There all around the same size give or take. My 2014 had enough space that I was able to place the unit flat down in the back in the bottom of the space. Then the cabling just plugs in line to the oem harness with the only switching needed is the MOST connected being moved from the oem harness to the new CarPlay harness as that's what now plugs into the back of the Head unit. It's an easy install man. If it doesn't fit glad then you can tilt it at an angle. There is a ton of space to the right and left of the open for the cables and such. I don't think enough to actually fit the box to the left or right though. Although I didn't really try to do that as I had enough room just to put it flat along the bottom. I have heard of those in the F80 side putting these things under the glove box's but idk how much room we have there.

If you're really worried I recommend just taking 30 min or so and open up your dash yourself and take a look and you'll see there's quite a bit of room there.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
Kzang3240.00