Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport, M3(sold)

Garage List
2014 X5 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vastano View Post
This thread is meant to be a wish list/troubleshooting list to send to Joyeauto for any improvements that we'd like to see made. The unit is 90% perfect, but heres a few changes i'd like to see to get closer to that 100%.

My personal requests:

1.) Being able to switch between 2 connected devices. When Carplay is active, it locks you out of the 'connected devices' menu

2.) On a phone running iOS 12 there is a black screen coming in and out of Carplay. This doesn't happen on my phone running iOS 13 beta so it may be fixed when the official iOS drops.

3.) This is a petty change, but it doesn't like it when you spin the iDrive controller fast.

4.) I'd like all the other iDrive button 'mappable.' For instance, i'd like to set my Nav button to open Waze.

Please keep this thread on topic, this isnt meant for install questions unless it is an improvement.
Hey it's good to see you started a thread for this. You should give a mention on the Wooohoooo thread so that all of the GB people can come over and share their thoughts. I just posted a reply over there telling a potential buyer the things that annoy me about the unit.. I'll put them here too.

1.) Being able to switch between 2 connected devices. When Carplay is active, it locks you out of the 'connected devices' menu
[COLOR="Red"]I don't have more than one device so I haven't noticed this one[/COLOR]

2.) On a phone running iOS 12 there is a black screen coming in and out of Carplay. This doesn't happen on my phone running iOS 13 beta so it may be fixed when the official iOS drops.
[COLOR="Red"]Are you referring to the black screen when switching between CarPlay and iDrive via long press of the back button? I have it too and it sucks.[/COLOR]

3.) This is a petty change, but it doesn't like it when you spin the iDrive controller fast.
[COLOR="Red"]I don't think this is petty.. I notice it too. It doesn't seem to happen when navigating via the steering wheel. [/COLOR]

4.) I'd like all the other iDrive button 'mappable.' For instance, i'd like to set my Nav button to open Waze.
[COLOR="Red"]This is by far my biggest gripe. It's a pain in the ass having to scroll between the music app and the nav app the hard way. If not settable they should at least have the buttons programmed to their respective functions.. like nav to nav, media to music and phone to phone. Is it better in IOS 13 since it looks like music and maps can be on the same screen?[/COLOR]

5.) When using the phone via CarPlay (external mic) the person on the other end of the line hears their echo. I suspect this is just feedback from the call coming from the speakers.

6.) Front camera never works in CarPlay.

Edit: adding 7

7.) A method to change songs without navigating to next song in music app. For example using the arrow keys by the numbers.
Appreciate 1