baliano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by baliano View Post
Thanks for the feedback! I'm definitely eager to see it in person. It would have to wow me in looks and performance to justify the cost.
I had no performance increase going from E70 X5M to F85, E70 felt more raw but performance delta was not noticeable enough for a change in car happiness. I drove my brothers F10 M5 stage 1 tune and I honestly felt like it was in the same ball park as the F85/e70 M both stage 2 +. My guess is the performance upgrade F85 to F95 will be negligible and not worth a change for that reason. Parents just got a new G05 msport. I like the tech and exterior but again that cosmetic upgrade is not blowing the F85 out of the water (i even think the F85 looks better). The interior upgrade from the e70 to the F85 was a substantial but not performance. So, if the G05/F95 new interior/exterior is not blowing you out of the water and the performance increase most likely won't then... F85 to F95 upgrade not recommended.

In short if you are upgrading bc you're expecting some sort of quantifiable increase in car happiness or performance I'm gonna say no. I upgraded to the F85 bc my E70 was just getting old. Am I happier 3 months and $7k - $8k in mods later, not justifiably. If you are factoring in depreciation and deciding now is the time to get rid of the F85 bc the money is right, then yes. If your rolling in dough get the Lambo Urus or a G05 and something exotic on the side.

F85 and E70 X5M are both amazing cars as im sure the F95 will be.. no matter what anyone says, a worthy upgrade would be something that's substantially more expensive and the $$ would have to make sense. For what these cars do they are the pinnacle and there isn't much room for improvement.

Good luck with your decision but if you're happy with the F85 and you're in a good place money wise with the car then wait for a CPO F95 to hit the dealer and get that.
Well said!
Eisenmann Race Black Series/Dinan/Active Autowerke/ Morr VS52/H&R/Arkym Front lip/Arkym Rear diffuser/Blacked out exterior trim/Custom Mirror's/ Performance CF spoiler/Huper Optik 20%/Lux H8/ DD- F85 Donington/Mugello, FI DP, BootMod, KW V3

Appreciate 1