Just_Jahk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5 50i

Talking Seat motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukoricza View Post
Hi all,
I have an issue with my f15 electric comfort seat thigh support. For some reason it stoppet working not moving at all when I push the button forward, I can hear the electric motor clicking, sounds like it has something stuck in it. I assume it has a plastic gear in it which is broken just like in the e70. I could not find any information on the internet. The whole mechanism is complitely different from the e70's. I've tried to remove the electric motor but I could not due to the seat frame. The seat on the picture I attached is the same as mine.
Do you have any suggestion how could I remove the motor form it or do I need to remove the whole seat before ?
Any Idea is much appreceated!
Taking the whole seat out and going from there is probably your best bet. I've done some interior work before and after a while it can get cramped and leave you in a bad state of mind (a state of mind you don't want to be in whilst working with these fragile interiors) plus, a visual inspection of all the motors wouldn't hurt. I've never done anything with my seats though so take what I say with a huge grain of salt. I also found this for parts replacements.

https://www.bmwpartsdeal.com/parts-l...em_drives.html
Appreciate 0