Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixMike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx1sq View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixMike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewl X5 View Post
The Ghost Subs take several hours to break-in...at least 8-12 hours. I would keep them. I definitely can tell the difference. Have had the Ghost Subs for over 2 years (got one of the first batches).

Good luck.
I drive to work every day and in town... the mids and highs sound great, just no low end. I had debated giving the 4 ohm Fosgates a try since they would load the amp up a bit more.
What year is your model? I would recommend a sub if you are looking for more low end. The design of the mid bass is not ideal for low end like a door mounted midbass would be.
2015 with the hk system. I don't need a ton of bass, just equivalent to how my m5 or m3 sounded is great (I know, smaller vehicle so they were louder). I had considered something small in the storage in the back since I'm good with fiberglass boxes, but the last couple vehicles I installed systems in, I had the bass all the way down anyway... just want a little more. The big issue might be with rock and country as it inherently doesn't have a ton of bass anyway, but I'd like some more oomph
If you search for the audio system thread there is all the info/link for adding a sub and amp to a hk system. I agree with the a difference in models the x5 has smaller back spacing under the mid bass then the other bmws.
Appreciate 0