View Single Post
      07-13-2022, 03:45 PM   #15
GNOV
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroy View Post
I think you have iDrive 6 in your X1. Take a look at the following thread: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1173061

It seems that you can do it through something like bimmercode. I haven't read of anyone ever needing to physically change out the stereo when making the move overseas.

As for the maps, I don't have any experience with that, but you should just be able to just load the European maps on a USB drive and update that way. If you get the maps, I would make sure you have both and just test it, if it works, just reload the us maps after until you make the move.
Thank you for all this as the suggestions are very informative and practical! I appreciate it! I am saving the info regarding the coding for the radio and will play with it once I am in Europe with the vehicle.

The Telematics Unit, if I want it also working in Europe (because of Connected Drive), will be another ordeal. Those units here are related to AT&T and it will not be a matter of just putting another SIM card.

For the Navigation maps, do you know how and where I can buy European maps with the code and also how would I get a copy of my currently installed USA maps?

Thank you again for being so helpful!

Best!
Appreciate 0