10-24-2023, 07:55 AM   #6
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
^See, I find all versions of the F15 "boaty" unless equipped with the DHP and put into sport mode.

But then again, I'm coming from the E53 and E70 X5s which are basically always in "sport" mode for the suspension. Especially the E70.

Love the F15, but we drive it exclusively in sport mode with the DHP as we much prefer a stiffer road feel. But... our roads are generally in good condition. Not sure about yours Geo41e as I imagine it makes a big difference to the driving impressions.

Oh, and careful 50iXman ... the X5 will hear you using words like "dependable."
Agreed. I'm glad I held out to find one with DHP, the others I drove without DHP felt heavy and sluggish. I was quite surprised how flat this thing stays in hard cornering for a 5k lb SUV.

I have Sport Mode set to default and configured mine set to chassis only for Sport Mode so suspension and steering is tightened up but powertrain isn't so touchy. If I want powertrain to be in sport mode I just move the shifter over to DS.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 1
50iXman34.00