Drives: .

Garage List
2012 X5 xDrive50i  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 X6M  [0.00]
2013 Suzuki Bouleva ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyracer View Post
I think the OEM P Zeros are quite decent. They tramline a lot compared to the winter setup but that is to be expected with the stiffer compound and steamroller widths! They're a bit noisy, but show me an equivalent tire that isn't.

I'd be curious to see how people feel about PS4's (those who have actually tried them for an extended period). My long love affair with PSS has been spoiled for the last couple of years. I put PSS on my wife's m240xi, expecting a marked improvement over the OEM tires (as had been my experience with every other car I had put PSS onto in the past).

Not so! I didn't believe that the total absence of steering feel and overly light steering effort in that car could get worse, but it did with the PSS. Also, the ride substantially worsened, and every road imperfection now gets transmitted into the cabin as an unpleasant resonance. The OEM tires rode and sounded better, and the car handled more enjoyably due to noticeably more 'give' in the tire, letting the car breathe more over imperfections in the road.
What did you originally have on the m235i? My m235i had PSS and my friends m240i also came with PSS, and so did my new M2.
Appreciate 0