View Single Post
      03-08-2021, 04:23 PM   #40
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
So explain to me how Napoleon Dynamite was so popular? Cuz that movie was TRASH yet I know so many people that think it was funny
Napoleon Dynamite is funny in the same sense that many offbeat comedies are. For example, Gentlemen Broncos, Blades of Glory, Superbad, etc. I truly enjoyed Coming2America the first time I saw it............in 1988. It seems as if they took the same successful equation that worked for them in '88 and simply mixed up the variables.

Case in point, I drive an IS 350. Lots of people complain about the lack of an update in the infotainment system, continuing to use the same motor over and over and Lexus not updating the body style (very much) or the interior. Will Lexus still sell IS's? Of course. Are the Lexus IS fans happy with the same played out bullshit after all the years?

My issue with Hollywood is the same issue I seem to have with everything these days. We market and mass produce shit /garbage in an attempt to profit from it. People will buy or watch anything you put in front of them. Ask the people who continue to shell out money for the latest iPhone that was soooo much different than the last one they just bought. Put it in front of their faces, build the hype, make a minor change, market the hell out of it and it will fly off the shelves whether the public wants it or not.
Appreciate 1
Esteban43796.00