View Single Post
      10-23-2023, 12:27 PM   #77
crystalworks
Captain
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhk527 View Post
selling?!? ahhh we’re losing a good one. you’ll have to let us know where we can keep up with your car adventures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlow98 View Post
No kidding. I’m hoping he buys an n55 based f15 so we can trade notes :-)
Thanks. I'll still be around here I'm sure.

10/21/2023

- Wife has been complaining of sticky/gummy door pulls for a few months so ordered up a replacement set straight from Mr. Bezos. $42.99

Removing these door panels is relatively easy if you're experienced with BMW door skins. If not the door clips can be a bit harrowing given how hard you feel you have to pull. Order a decent set of panel tools and you'll be good to go. You can see the quality and color of the replacement pulls below. Given the age/degradation of the originals I don't know how good the color match is to factory fresh. But I can tell you the fit is great.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  600.7 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  546.7 KB

TIS instructions for this (yes, the inner pull does have an OE part number) say to just clip off the plastic welding pin. I didn't do that. I used a propane torch and used it to heat up a chisel so I could melt the pin like a factory plastic weld. This worked extremely well as shown below. Doesn't look factory... you know, because I'm not a machine, but it functions great.

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  590.9 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  627.1 KB

After doing all 3 doors (the front passenger was the worst as shown above) the inner pulls look and feel factory fresh. Glad I did this in prep for selling as it's a main touch point.
Appreciate 0