View Single Post
      07-13-2020, 04:27 PM   #702
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonnan View Post
What advantage does an x-pipe have in this exhaust system? I have catless downpipes already installed and am content with the noise levels, but the exhaust note is a bit funky.
I have read pros and cons on the power increase but mainly it is to get rid of the funky exhaust note you speak of. Mine had it too ever since I put in the downpipes. With that being said, I have just learned DON'T remove your resonators unless you plan on putting race resonators in its place...

Installed X-pipe and resonator delete (muffler is still stock). Sounds AMAZING inside the truck but outside...not so much, HORRIFIC cold startup, like a dozen straight pipe Hondas in your garage, strange trumpet-like sounds between shifts. Again Inside you don't hear any of this and sounds awesome but outside the truck....yikes....Was hoping the X-pipe would eliminate the need for the stock resonators.

On positive side there is a noticeable mid range and higher increase in power, assuming this is due to the X-pipe.

Ordered a pair or 3" race resonators to install, going to install them temporary at first with clamps just in case I want to try other resonators before weld them in permanent.

Tascam Stereo Mic just arrived, will get before and after for those interested.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0