06-01-2023, 03:17 PM   #46
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin2911 View Post
So I know there have been several threads that discuss this, but I wanted to see where the general sentiment has landed with all-season tires for our X5's. My Pirelli's are nearing the end of the line, and I am now starting to figure out what I want to put on the car now. I will definitely be moving away from run-flats, and I already have the space-saver spare in the trunk.

As far as I gather, the most recommended tires we seem to see are the Conti DWS 06, the Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+, the Michelin Premier LTX, and possibly a couple others. I have the standard xLine non-staggered setup, so the 255/50/19s. Are people getting near the warranty distance on these tires above? Any other thoughts?
For anyone looking for new tires. Here is my experience with 19 inch standard rims with M Sport with Adaptive M suspension, xdrive 50i.

1. Started with Pirelli Scorpion, run flat - I had no complaints
2. Switched to Continental DWS 06 Plus - too bouncy, but quieter than Scorpion run flats
3. Switched back to Pirelli Scorpion run flats - better handling IMHO, slightly noisier.

I think the X5 is optimized for the the Scorpion run flats.
Appreciate 0