07-05-2017, 09:13 AM   #5
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca42 View Post
It's not easier to maintain -- it's still a dark color. If you are looking for easy to maintain, go with a white or grey car.

For starters, most people would not be able to tell you the difference between CB and AB, even if the cars were side by side. I took my car to the local dealer and he mistakenly thought it was CB. It takes a really trained eye to tell them apart.

Both are blue-blacks. I agree that AB seems a bit bluer - a purer blue. I've found CB to look a bit purplish in certain lights; my AB seems to project a bit of turquoise in certain lights.

I enjoy AB because it seems like a different car, depending on the light. Sometimes it seems like a true black car, just sucking in all available light; at other times, it is a deep and lustrous blue car, casting different shades of blue depending on the angle.

I recently saw AB from a new perspective and was stunned by the color. I was driving the other car in for service and a friend drove the X5 M behind me. I have black kidney grills (which looked black in the rear view) but the rest of the car appeared like the darkest blue imaginable. Offset by the daytime running lights and the grill, it looked alive, dark and sinister, sparkling but unmistakably blue. It's an amazing color.
Luca
Thank you for your poetic prose regarding the colors and their differences. I have been considering Azurite for my upcoming X5M, but am coming from Imperial Blue which is also similar to both of the colors that you are describing above.
Have you seen this (Imperial Blue) in person and do you have any thoughts on how Azurite may differ from that?