Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankelman24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_MCO View Post
My best guess is the previous owner or seller-Lexus tried to wet sand it and used a compound to cover it up for resale. They may have tried to do only the spot because the hood matches the front panels perfectly - there's no difference in color or gloss from the clear coat.

I'm curious to see what BMW says caused it... it was my insurance broker that suggested clear coat failure as it was her husband's issue with his 2016 from the same original BMW dealership (they repaired it but the difference is his is a CPO bought from that dealership)

Whatever the case, if this will be my expense to bear then I'm going to have ithe hood re-coated or repainted using a BMW-certified body shop. The dealership has one of their own... hopefully my SA can cut me a break
That's really too bad. I'm also a Fields customer and my service tech (Rich) recommended Brennan Body Works. I have a 2016 X5 MSport Carbon Black and needed a hood and front fender repainted after a board flew up and hit my car on I-95. They did an amazing job! I would use them again, but I hope i never have to. www
Which fields BMW? St Pete?
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0