KillFox91
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitteEinBit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillFox91 View Post
Got these puppies installed finally. Quick note they come with the exhaust valve dummy plug also to delete the stock valve on the passenger side.

I have pure excellence, which is simply an additional bumper trim or "diaper" on the lower valence; painted to match vehicle color. Similar to the x line; except not chrome.

This kit will not accept that trim into it; but to be honest it is not noticeable with the "diaper" anyway with my hitch. So I'm perfectly happy with the result!

I did the valence removal and install myself and had a muffler shop swap the tips for $60.

BUMP for this seller!
Was the valence easy to remove? How's the exhaust sound now?
Worst part that no one really tells you is you have to remove two rivets per rear fender flare.

Beyond that there are like 6-10 screws; then you have to pry all along the valance with a pry tool; there are about 20 clips to pop out.

Took me maybe an hour taking my time and watching a hitch video and referring to various posts.

Best to buy a rivet gun and rivets to re-secure your fender flares. They have clips to hold them in too but they were there for a reason...

Skill level maybe low to medium required. If you can handle a screw driver, drill, and socket wrench and have common sense — done deal easy.

Sound is a little throatier; has more of a performance sound to it. Barely noticeable in my opinion but no droning like some say.

Also important to note this kit comes with the exhaust valve dummy plug — for you to remove your existing exhaust valve with the exhaust tips and plug this item into. Zero errors with this installed.
Appreciate 1