View Single Post
      04-25-2015, 10:20 AM   #42
shunderwunder
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mineral White 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
It's funny to me how upset the Apple watch makes people-- especially watch people! Don't like it? Don't buy it. Whew...

Personally, I don't wear a traditional watch. It's jewelry and... well, I'm not a jewelry kind of dude.

The Apple Watch, because it actually has some functionality beyond time telling (which I have without a watch), is the first watch that has tempted me.

Absolutely, 100%, I'd rather have it than a traditional/mechanical/jewelry watch. I'm not sure I'd rather have it than nothing.

I'm thinking maybe second gen is when I'll jump in, when it (hopefully) gets a bit skinnier. Or maybe I'll stick with nothing on my wrist. :P

So long as it makes it through a day, that's sufficient battery life for me. Every review I've read says it does. Clearly it's not going to make it weeks or it would be a balloon on your arm-- this thing is a tiny computer, after all.

My take in cliffs:
Easily more desirable than a mechanical watch. Not sure it's better than no watch.
Kinda how I feel too. Watches are mostly a fashion statement. I had a Movado for a while and most of the time I checked the time on my phone, Just wore it cause I like the way it looked. I cant wear any kind of watch with the kind of work I do so it doesn't really matter anymore. However I'd consider an Apple watch if I could because it does have the possibility to be more useful than you might think. I'd rather take a quick glace at my wrist when I get a notification than to pull my phone out. Is it necessary? No. Could it be a nice bonus? Quite Possibly. People that say this watch wont last need to look at apples track record. Fact is that the younger generation & those to come are going to be less impressed by a masterpiece of mechanical art than they are of something the can wear on their arm & "tweet" from. Its also funny to me that people talking about multi-thousand dollar watches are bitching about a possible $100 battery replacement.
Appreciate 0