03-04-2021, 07:27 PM   #155
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
an x5 average used price will go down with the lowest base product they have available on the market for the same year and motor... an x5m will average down with the a base x5m. so if you have a fully loaded x5 50i m-sport with an msrp of nearly a 100k the used value will be in line with other x5 when you go to trade it or a few shekles more but nothing notable. if you sell privately you may find a buyer willing to pay up but for the most part most people who are shopping an x5 at 90k+ usually just go to the x5m. i am speaking from experience and fact. same happened with an f31 i owned which had an msrp of $60k. most people buying a 3series do not go that high with the build and if they do they just go right over to the m3 which also depreciates less and differently than it's plain jane 3series counterpart.
Just looking at the used car values it is easy to see that the X5M holds it value better than other X5 models. However, the RRS holds its value much better than any X5. I am not saying theoretically or what some magazine says, just based on what you can find. I got an amazing deal on my X5 50i. In fact it is close to $100K MSRP, placing it in X5M territory and the original owner would have probably done better going with an X5M.

But given that most new X5’s are bought on lease, I suppose real resale value isn’t as important as residual value.
Appreciate 0