335i101
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-M5 View Post
I just got this installed and some first impressions

1. It definitely does change the look of the rear end a bit. I'm not that concerned about it since i value function equally to form, but it would disqualify making this a show car

2. The swappable hitch attachments are clever. The whole 2 inch receiver is a separate assembly that can be installed and removed. It takes some time to figure out how it works, but once you do, super easy.

3. Ground Clearance - the whole assembly does sit beneath the level of the rear bumper/valence and exhaust. If you tend to drive in deep snow or deep mud, this may cause an issue.

4. Electronics wiring - the install does require a re-programming of the car to accept the hitch. This took the longest time at the dealer. Also, the wiring harness is sort of exposed to the elements between the hitch and the car. Something to keep an eye on.
I just received my 2" ball and the additional receiver for the OEM hitch. For 450.00 you would think these bitches would work seamlessly.

I messed around with them for about 20 minutes and can't seem to figure out how to lock them in place?!?

I never get the "green" indicator that the instructions reference. This shouldn't be so confusing, the instructions appear to have been written by a grade schooler.

Any help would be great.

I can't even find a video of it on YouTube.
2008 M5 with muffler delete-sold
2007 650i-sold
2008 335i-JB4, DP, Meth-sold
Appreciate 1
cncmastr1591.50