View Single Post
      07-24-2018, 07:09 PM   #53
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Actually I should add I also use contacts when I go to the shooting range because I want to wear proper eye protection and not just my everyday glasses. It's not a bad idea to also have contacts if you participate in sports often. Having to put glasses under ski goggles for example isn't anything I'd want to do.
I didn't think about the gun range either. Definitely going to need contacts now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
I went from the Oakley Carbon Blade Plates(Bought two frames in six years.)

To the Rayban RB8415's:

I couldn't be happier. Even though Luxotica owns all of these companies anyway. They also own the majority of big box eye glass stores like Lenscrafters.
Daaamn....I really like both of those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by literbikes View Post
Please do not let them use the laser to treat the CSR. If your central vision is involved, it will leave you with a scar and a reduction in vision, where doing nothing has been shown to be the better treatment because it can resolve on its own. I know it is frustrating having the irregular vision in the center of your vision, but I have seen many patients that have had the laser decades ago and regretted the outcome. Below is a study that demonstrates this. Sometimes no treatment is the right treatment. You should also avoid steroid creams/inhalers and other steroid products which increase the risk for CSR worsening.

http://eyewiki.aao.org/Central_Serou...ent_Treatments
I appreciate your input here greatly! This is my third go around with CSR and now that I think about it, I do recall being ill the week before the two times prior and taking steroids. I just recently had a respiratory infection and was prescribed Prednisone. Oddly enough the same Dr. that I saw the last 2 times told me to not let anyone do anything regarding my CSR as it would go away on it's own, but this time he wanted to shoot a laser at it if it wasn't better in 3 months. The only reason I went in this time is to was to have my eyes checked and they kept making a big deal about the CSR. I knew that I needed glasses but I honestly think it was a way for them to bill my insurance 3 more times before writing my script for glasses. Now that I've done my own research on it, have my glasses on the way and script in hand; I won't be going back to this place. There was some elitist attitude issues from the ladies that worked in there as well.
Appreciate 0