10-04-2019, 09:23 PM   #60
CSM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, F80 M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruppa View Post
Alright. It's done. Installed. I only have 3 hours of driving so far and I spent a lot of money on these so I'm wary of that and trying to be objective.

My opinion. Do it. Too expensive? Make your kid set up a lemonade stand. No kid? Make your pet an influencer on social media. No pets? Sell your bodily fluids.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Low AND comfortable. I have front dampening/rebound set at +4 and rear at +5 (to clarify this is +4/+5 from the softest setting). There's about 2 threads left to go lower but I'm happy with the height. It's ~30" ground to fender. Not every kit is sent out the same because mine were all set at 0 (which the instructions specifically say is not recommended), others I've PM'd with were set at 8.

I haven't been on the stock setup since last October but this is no firmer and the handling is superior. It's a night and day difference from the VTFs I've been running with the road conditions in New England. The biggest difference I notice is on patches with many small road imperfections that would make me harshly jump around before are now handled gracefully and incredibly well absorbed with nothing I would consider being firm or harsh. My full enjoyment driving the M has been restored. I'll post back with more thoughts after some time and once I can set a baseline for myself and see if I want to adjust up/down for height/rebound/dampening.

If anybody is around southern MA and wants a ride hit me up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruppa View Post
Alright. It's done. Installed. I only have 3 hours of driving so far and I spent a lot of money on these so I'm wary of that and trying to be objective.

My opinion. Do it. Too expensive? Make your kid set up a lemonade stand. No kid? Make your pet an influencer on social media. No pets? Sell your bodily fluids.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Low AND comfortable. I have front dampening/rebound set at +4 and rear at +5 (to clarify this is +4/+5 from the softest setting). There's about 2 threads left to go lower but I'm happy with the height. It's ~30" ground to fender. Not every kit is sent out the same because mine were all set at 0 (which the instructions specifically say is not recommended), others I've PM'd with were set at 8.

I haven't been on the stock setup since last October but this is no firmer and the handling is superior. It's a night and day difference from the VTFs I've been running with the road conditions in New England. The biggest difference I notice is on patches with many small road imperfections that would make me harshly jump around before are now handled gracefully and incredibly well absorbed with nothing I would consider being firm or harsh. My full enjoyment driving the M has been restored. I'll post back with more thoughts after some time and once I can set a baseline for myself and see if I want to adjust up/down for height/rebound/dampening.

If anybody is around southern MA and wants a ride hit me up.
Did Farley @eurotechmotorsports do the install for you? Car looks very familiar!
Appreciate 0