12-16-2018, 05:33 PM   #43
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i, 2015 F15 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzx517 View Post
Hi MrTookies, I just put down a deposit on a 15 x35d which I can't take until the (EGR recall) gets a fix. This would be the 1st mod I would like to do for obvious reasons. Plus I live in Miami. Got to love Florida. I have a question. I want the exact set up that you have done. I was wondering if it is too loud? Im worried about my neighbors and the exhaust sound pissing them off. Did you get an improvement in gas mileage? Would you be able to take video of cabin while driving please. Would getting a downpipe make a different in noise for louder or quieter? Also I'm not mechanically inclined to do this. Would a regular BMW mechanic be able to do this?
Thanks for all your info and great thread. I appreciate your response.
Hi there... so a few things... I can take a video of some sort here in the next week...

What's required for the the delete (everything is mentioned in the main post)

Downpipe: $850-$1150 Depending on what option you go with and if you need/want to add a cat.

Tune: $750-$1200 for the delete/tune depending what company you go with and if you want to have a power tune done as well.

Delete plates: ~$100

Muffler pipe that needs to be bend from a muffler shop -$100

I did the install myself so I'm not sure what it would be in terms of labor... a lot more than what I paid ;-).

Did I gain MPG? No I didn't. It remains about the same, but on the flip side I had the ECU tuned for higher power output. If you don't get the performance tune...there is a good chance that you might see some gains but I have no way of knowing what that might look like.

The sound is absolute no problem... I left the muffler in place...so it no much louder but you can defiantly tell that something is different...
Appreciate 0