United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
This is why the kw is a better option. Full shock replacement. The stock shock is too long and if you are slammed it’s going to bottom out without a proper shock to accompany the height.

I had a similar issue when I first lowered with HR Spring setup. It was the worst and unsafe ride ever. The VTf rear setup is pretty much the same. I had the rear height level with the front which was pretty low. Never liked the rake look. But after experiencing unsafe ride quality I raised the rear which made things more tolerable

Ended going with KW and couldn’t be happier.
Yea, I guess it depends what your looking for. If you do modest drop in the rear and a pretty aggressive drop in the front and go for the rake look then you'll ride stock comfort with less body roll. If you need that slammed look then the VTFs are NOT what your looking for. When i test drove at max drop in the back I was not happy with the bounciness and didn't like the look of the truck, looked like a minivan. I raised the back and went for another drive and now it's perfect, i could drop it a little more and keep testing the ride quality but to be honest it looks great and drives perfect.
Appreciate 0