Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryngo View Post
Yea I don't think they stick out at all. Maybe you like yours a bit more recessed.

@Dinan. Thanks for the intake feedback. I'll be impatiently waiting for more.

Ok maybe you're looking for feedback or maybe not. Obviously the note and power gains are top notch. I also love the idea of running the tune w the exhaust. But I'm still tripping up just a bit on the appearance ... Especially the tips. Really would have liked them 100mm diameter. Or - another favorite design feature (especially w CF diffuser) are the carbon covered tips. Any desire to make that an offering?? Might cover up the dinan engraving but you could use the logo instead? Like the ///M sport version (not available for our welded oem exhausts).
While I personally hate the look of the rolled type tips and much prefer the thin wall tips that Dinan is known for the market is definitely shifting that direction. We have been looking at options for clamp on tips in a multitude of styles but I don't see those tip options ever being retrofitted to existing exhaust designs, assuming the clamp on stuff ever actually is integrated, as it would mean fixture changes for the 100's of existing fixtures. The cost, and labor to do that endeavor would be monumental and I am not sure the benefit at that point would be worthwhile. I am sure if we do go down that road some market/price analysis will be done to see if it is viable/worthwhile though.
Well- if it helps, I'd buy your exceptional exhaust, if I had some say in the tips.

Some people want looks, some sound, some both.

As it is, I am passing.
Appreciate 0