10-15-2014, 04:04 PM   #113
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedragonseven View Post
Great post!

I don't have an X5 any longer, as I've moved to an M6 Gran Coupe. This M5/M6 engine is a S63Tu - so very much related to the N63Tu in your X5.

I also have the RaceChip Ultimate on my car and have it set to S1=1, S2=D setting (it was also 1,B stock). Maybe give that extra notch a try.

On the M5/M6, it takes removing one screw for each intake, removing the intakes, and locating the sensors mounted on the intercoolers. After several times now, I can do it pretty much in 15 minutes or less.

But, looking at the X5 engine bay it does seem some things are squeezed where in the M5/M6 they aren't as tight in those areas.

Also one thing to note, I get drivetrain malfunctions from B to E, regardless. I never lose power delivery, never lose driveability, and never lose throttle and engine response. It just comes on and sometimes goes off later.

As some have noted, and I confirmed with the director of my BMW service department, the fuel/air/exhaust sensors are very sensitive.
Thanks, buddy! Yeah, I'm very happy with the current settings. They've been running great for me. You're right about the sensitivity, but I've had zero issues since performing the install myself. If I'm feeling adventurous, I might try the D setting down the road, but right now C is solid.
Appreciate 0