View Single Post
      10-17-2014, 08:57 AM   #123
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5Jouster View Post
after alittle bit of research....people who didnt buy and havent installed say its snake oil. but people who buy own and installed the SB say its changed the vehicle.

after tunning the lag has slightly increased from a standstill due to the amount of power trying to hit the wheels.

this may be a solution
Yeah, I found similar forum arguments for and against it from Audi, BMW, and Mercedes forums. There's an advantage where our throttle lag is completely gone, but there's also the issue where you minimize the full throttle capability since it gets you to the throttle much earlier. Others argue that it does the exact same thing as Sport mode does, but Sport mode also changes your Drivetrain and Chassis. Some people say TCU resets are required for it to fully take advantage in the Mercedes forums - never heard of this before until I read it.

I have no throttle lag in Sport and Comfort mode at all anymore with my current tune settings, but there is slight lag still in Eco Pro, but this is understandable because it was absolutely horrendous in stock.

I'm just hesitant on these sorta things when my car really may not need it since Eco Pro is the only area where I notice it slightly. I'm very perceptive in my driving style so the Race Chip tune has definitely helped.

If you buy it, let me know how it goes for you. It's really an easy install. I looked up Andy's Auto Show for install and info.