View Single Post
      11-20-2021, 11:12 AM   #10
Blue By You
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB X5M F85

Someone else mentioned gaskets and/or oil leaks I believe. I have had two "minor" oil leaks in my engine. Nothing that required adding oil either, so they were tough to find.

My indy shop found literally one drop of oil and it turned out to be an issue with a gasket or something at the oil filter or pan or something. (I forget) Then he found another drop or few of oil near the bell housing and it turned out to be coming from the upper oil pan which is rare. My tech had to work with the BMW engineers to pinpoint the problem, drop the tranny, and perform the work. It took three weeks and if out of warranty would have probably cost me thousands.

Get and use a very strong indy shop to evaluate everything mechanical especially engine and oil gaskets, valves, and any leaks.

The other minor issue that almost escaped me was the passenger side mirror fold down can act up, along with the soft-close door function that someone else also mentioned. Both are things that you'll never miss if you forget that they're available to you. (and if you're not used to them like me)
Appreciate 0