View Single Post
      11-18-2015, 08:48 PM   #1
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

The X5M/X6M have all functioning front grills and side vents, unlike it's non-M counterpart. Every opening of our M has a purpose, either to cool the car or help with aerodynamic. There's only one non-functioning grill/vent that has been bothering me since I got my car, the OEM rear diffuser's non-functioning fake grill/vent. The fake grill/vent is very noticeable when washing the car, suds get stuck in it which takes a bit of effort to rinse it out. I've been looking at diffuser options, which aren't many. There's one at the time, which costs an arm and a leg. I contacted RW Carbon and they delivered.

This is made overseas with very tight quality control, not something you would see on eBay. RW is very particular on their manufacturing partner.

The X5M/X6M diffuser by RW Carbon arrived in perfect condition. Every carbon fiber weave lines up, the clear coating is flawless, and the fitment is perfect. Best of all, it's made of 100% carbon fiber (no plastic and no fiber glass). It's extremely light, less than 3 lbs, yet very rigid. The fitment is tighter than a Dan Wesson's 1911, just 100% perfect.

DIY

Removal:
(1) Remove the 4qty 8mm screws
(2) Remove diffuser, held by clips, so start from the outers then work inwards (use a bit of force if needed). A safer way is to reach behind the bumper and use you fingers to release each tab.

Installation:
(1) Clean the crevasses with a wet microfiber cloth and few drops of dish washing soap (this also help lubricate the install clips)
(2) Install the difusser, center first the work outwards. Use you fingers behind the bumper to keep the plastic part from moving and the other hand pushing the diffuser in. Work on one clip at a time, it should easily pop in place as long as the bumper isn't moving.
(3) Install the 4qty 8mm screws, which all lines up perfectly when all clips are in.

I hope you enjoy the photos. The quality of the diffuser from these unedited images speaks for themselves.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with it. No more fake grill/vent.

Let me know if you have any questions or request for more photos.

-Jimmy
Attached Images

Last edited by JNoSol; 11-19-2015 at 07:48 AM..
Appreciate 2