09-11-2017, 07:09 AM   #8
ctdw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5C (F90)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesoM View Post
Just curious if anyone of you have done any coding on yours. I only started experiencing it after performing some coding to my 2016. I am pretty sure it is not a battery issue, lock your car and let the vehicle go to sleep, when you start it after it will work again. 20 min to 30 min. Keep your key fob away from the vehicle during this time. I am curious what your dealer says the issue is.
I did recently do coding using Bimmercode app...only minor changes. My car is also new...only three weeks old. My car was sitting a few days over the past two weeks unlocked getting Xpel and a coating done and I know the car does not sleep fully in that state so I am wondering if it is battery related. I also have been doing a lot of short trips/stops this past week. I have ordered the BMW/Ctek battery charger and will hook that up overnight once it arrives. The issue has not come back so far since Saturday.

I actually dropped it off this morning for the 1200 mile service and mentioned the issue but since it was not scheduled for anything other than the 1200 mile service, they can't look at that issue or check for any error codes.
Appreciate 0