View Single Post
      04-27-2021, 07:06 PM   #9
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

Thank you. Well Fairfax BMW little different than Sarasota BMW since they are the one told me that my Diff fluid is due. And i am at 32K right now but being 2017 makes it 4 years which makes sense.

As far as front and TC goes, is the Front only requires 75W90? And including Front + TC + Rear complete flush, how much of fluid should i get?

75W90 = X Liter
75W140 = Y Liter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuille36 View Post
When, I talked to my SA at BMW of Fairfax, she told me that BMW doesn’t recommend changing fluids in the diffs, tranny or transfer case unless there is an issue.

I know that this guidance is flawed, as there waiting for something to fail, so they can stick it to you.

So, I adopted the same maintenance strategy I use on my E63 AMG. I service the tranny, transfer case and diffs every 4 yrs regardless of it’s needed or not.

If your X5M, has 50,000 miles or more, I would change all your fluids, including engine coolant, power steering, brake fluid, I even changed my intercooler fluid.

The rear differential has three different chambers; ring and pinion section, (2) clutch pack sections. The center uses 75w-90, and the outer uses 75w-140.

Do not overfill, let the excess fluid run out until it stops, then tighten the plug. Do not forget to do the front diff as well.
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0