View Single Post
      12-10-2018, 08:35 AM   #71
N420i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 420i lightly modded

I live in central Madrid where it snows, at most, a couple of days during winter (CENTRAL being the operative word here. People living 50ks up north, in the actual mountais, do get a fair bit of snow).
I'm sure as heck not buying a set of rims and tires for a twice-yearly situation, so I'm on UHP rubber year round. In fact, I am considering running Nankang NS2Rs for the street next since my Potenzas are shot and just lifting if I see standing water.

Since we're not used to any snow at all, the whole city implodes if and when a couple of inches of snow collects on the ground, so it's not big deal if you're late for or just miss work completely since apparently the average citizen moron isn't even expected to know how to put on snow chains...

On another note, I was in Switzerland a few of years ago and was given a 1-series 120d on winter tires as a rental. I was completely blown away by the amount of grip that thing could get on the snow, and having experienced that, if I were living in a snowy US state I would DEFINATELY get a set of winter rims&tires over a beater. Man that was FUN!
Appreciate 0