05-21-2019, 02:25 AM   #98
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathray View Post
Thanks for the response, I appreciate the info. Do you know why the 275 would present a problem? I had heard before that it was out of spec for summer rubber, but, for the life of me I dont understand why.

I have been running 275/40R20 square as winter tires for the past 3 seasons and I havent had any issues. Is there something inherently different about the way the onboard computer reacts to summer vs winter conditions?

I get that I will have less lateral grip with a narrower section width, but, considering how heavy the rear bias is and that the rears are much wider Im skeptical about how much of a problem that will be.
Not so much a problem as a liability. Although since you are in Canada, I would double check with your dealer about minimum specs. Risk of failing inspections if you have in your area or insurance not covering damage/accident since you "altered your car" outside manufacturer recommendations are just a few remote possibilities. In the event something serious happened a good lawyer would/could pick on these and show you were negligent. Day to day in your car it won't create problems.
Appreciate 0